Recently, there was an occasion where I was to host several moms from school for a get together in my home without time prior to prepare much by way of refreshments. Since nachos, and not dessert, were what I had on hand, coffee and tea felt a bit out of place. I quickly surveyed what I had on hand, and came up with this simple sparkling lemonade station. I love make-it-yourself refreshments when hosting, because it is a great way to break the ice, let people talk and mingle, and keep preparations to a minimum. Needless to say, I’m now such a big fan of my own little creation here, that I’ll be keeping these ingredients on hand…for the next time a few guests stop by. (If you follow me on Facebook, you may have seen that I’m off to a great start with an ebook I’m writing about real hospitality and blessing others through your imperfect home. Pray for me–I really hope to have it written before this new baby comes!)
Sparkling Lemonade Station
- Bottles of Pellegrino sparkling mineral water, 1 bottle for every two people served (I buy them at Costco!)
- 1-2 cups simple syrup (1 cup sugar + 1 cup boiling water) dissolved, and cooled
- Stevia or other sweetners for guests
- Halved lemons, a half per glass of lemonade
- Simple hand juicer and mini sieve if you have one
- Set everything out, along with glasses with ice and straws (useful for stirring, and pretty too!) Instruct guests to juice a half of a lemon and pour juice into a glass. Add sweetner of their choice, and top off with mineral water. Stir, and adjust to taste! Voila!
Have a refreshing weekend, friends!
I’m so blessed that you’re here! I invite you to subscribe to GraceLaced!